Aras EPLM runs proven technology deployed at thousands of companies worldwide.
Just like SolidWorks EPDM, we use the Microsoft platform as infrastructure, and then we've taken an advanced approach, called a model-based service-oriented architecture (model-based SOA), to deliver a highly flexible, scalable and secure PLM solution.
Our modern n-tier Web platform is a technological breakthrough that provides unmatched flexibility for complicated PLM business processes and large scale global deployments.
- Use a single server configuration to satisfy smaller deployments of under 500 users
- Scales up and out across distributed datacenters as needed to address thousands of users and terabytes of data
- Replication technology enables globally distributed vaults for fast access and avoids moving large files over the WAN
- Roles-based system with hierarchical groups and identities for 'need-to-know' level permissions
- Single sign-on connectivity to Active Directory / LDAP for end-user authentication
- Available mixed-mode authentication scheme for managing Supplier and Customer access rights without cluttering up Active Directory
- Uses standard Internet protocols including HTTP / HTTPS and XML and SOAP [Simple Object Access Protocol] Web services
- SQL Server and Windows Server with IIS Web Server and .NET Framework on standard Intel/AMD server hardware
- Internet Explorer browser provides secure PLM user access
- Pre-packaged connectors are available for many ERP systems and authoring tools such as MCAD and EDA / ECAD applications
- Optional connectivity to Microsoft SharePoint is included
- Web services APIs with WSDL capabilities provide the ability for custom integrates to a wide variety of systems across the enterprise
- Federation technology enables the secure display and editing of data from another system in forms, workflows and other items
- Support is included for all the .NET data exchange methods including ODBC, ADO, direct SQL, direct API and flat file
For more information about the underlying Aras Innovator PLM platform, please visit aras.com/technology