The Office connector for Aras EPLM extends the benefits of enterprise PLM to SolidWorks users in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Users can create, store, edit, search and manage documents while working within the familiar, easy to use Microsoft environment.
- Provides administrators with sophisticated capabilities for document control and security, including need-to-know access, automatic document numbering and naming conventions, and more
- Fully configurable to support your company's corporate standards, practices and procedures,
- Optional use of corporate templates drives standardization and improves compliance
Office Connector Features include:
- Search - Search files and templates in PLM from within the Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- View & Edit - Simply select View for read-only access or Edit to lock and modify a file
- Automated PDFs - Auto generate PDFs of saved files to attach and distribute to other users in the workflow
- Classification - Automated file naming and document number sequencing based on classification categories
- Linking - Option to create relationships between Microsoft documents and Aras items such as Parts, Drawings, Projects, Process Plans, and other PLM items from within Microsoft Office. Relationships can drive naming and numbering, and are updated along with associated product components.
- Revision & Version Control - Configurable revision and version control on Microsoft files provides traceability and assures that users always work with the correct version of a file
- Side-by-Side Comparisons - Enables users to easily view side-by-side comparisons of different revisions of the same document or file
- Enterprise Change Management - Apply lifecycle states, approval workflows and sign-offs to documents such as engineering change requests or document change orders
- Templates - Create standardized Office document templates that comply with corporate conventions and are ready-to-use for end users
- Property Mapping - Map properties from native Microsoft files to Aras or from Aras to the native Microsoft files
- Outlook Emails - Capture and store Outlook emails with embedded images and attachments as part of the product record in Aras
- Compliance - Document controls, tracking, traceability and audit trails streamline and simplify compliance
- Security - Need-to-know access rights and permissions on files managed from within Aras